Friday 4 November 2011

Galaxy Nails

I know, I know. Typical hipster, cliched nails that every girl with a tumblr does. But that's not to say that it's not fabulously fun and an easy manicure. I just LOVVVVVEEEDDD this manicure! Super easy. Anyone that tells you otherwise is just over complicating it. Keep it simple is my best advice. I know a lot about mixing colours because used to paint in high school, so maybe its a tad easier for me. Anyways here are the colours I used.
From left to right: Orly Goth, OPI Road House Blues, China Glaze For Audrey, China Glaze Peachy Keen, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, OPI Alpine Snow and Sally Hansen Disco Ball.

It's really simple. Start with the black, Orly Goth, dab on RHB with a bigger section of sponge, then For Audrey, Peachy Keen and Lemon Fizz. Each colour use less polish and a smaller section of sponge. There are more stars in the centre of nebula so the most colour and lightest colour goes in the middle, leaving the darker blues to the edges of the nebula. I then used the white, Alpine Snow, to lighten up the nebula in the middle. But be careful how much white you use, because it can cover up the orange and yellow. I then used AS and a pin for the stars. I think I did the starts to big and it kind of covers the nebula a bit. But different size stars are the key. Small stars compared to big stars look awesome! My favourite was my thumb.
After I have finished I cover it with Disco Ball, a clear polish with small different coloured glitter. Also I think you can skip this step, because the nebula and stars are already busy enough. Add your Seche and you're ready to go. For all those wondering Orly Goth is the most exciting black I've ever come across, a black creme with solid silver micro particles. Love love love!

2 comments:

  1. these came out really good, I have yet to try galaxy nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's dead easy. If a novice like myself can do it, anyone can!

    ReplyDelete