Sunday 26 February 2012

The Dotting Tool.

Sarah from Chalkboard Nails has a fabulous competition at the moment. To enter you have to produce nail art using the dotting tool. Now I don't have a dotting tool yet, so I used a trusty bobby pin.


The colours I used are, from left to right, Zoya Sooki, China Glaze Peachy Keen, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Orly Lucky Duck, Zoya Breezi and OPI Alpine Snow as the white. I pretty much started with a my basecoat of CND Stickey then dotted the colour onto my nails. I built up the polish by alternating the coloured dots and the white dots, I then added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust to give it a bit of sparkle-sparkle.


I am not super happy with this because it didn't look as layered as I wanted, for example my pointer looks like I've painted on Peachy Keen from the brush and then added white dots, which I didn't. But I still like it. It's a different approach to the skittle mani. It really makes me want to go out and get a dotting tool. When I have monies that is.

Currently Listening to: Make Believe by City and Colour

No comments:

Post a Comment