Monday 24 October 2011

Nail of the Day

I have a few different manicures up my sleeve, but I think I'll start with my NOTD, and conveniently its my favourite jelly sandwich. I'm a big fan of red. Nothing classier and sexier. ;)

This is OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress with OPI Teenage Dream and China Glaze Scarlet to top it off. It sparkles something fancy in all light conditions. So hard to capture unfortunately, but if you have Teenage Dream, you'll know what I'm talking about, same sparkle.



A couple of weeks back I first tried this combination with China Glaze's Flying Dragon (you know, the beautifully bright neon purple with blue glitter that dries horribly matte) with Teenage Dreams and Scarlet on top. It makes the combination a more berry- er...
In this photo you can really see how translucent Scarlet is over Teenage Dream. I just love it!



They are horribly colour-balanced, I'm so sorry, but you get the idea right? It's about the right colour, anyway. The one thing with the Flying Dragon combination compared to the I'm Not Really a Waitress is that because Scarlet is a jelly it goes on kind of streaky. So the red of the INRAW really evens that out ('cause it's already red). The streakiness more noticeable with Flying Dragon because its a purple.

Currently listening to: Dear Father by Defeater.

No comments:

Post a Comment